Friday, March 4, 2011

Birthmother support

Hello everyone
We have talked and trained about post abortion, parenting and open adoption. There is another topic (that I have heard whispers about) that should be addressed as well. That is --- birthmother's support. We cannot expect the birthmother to 'just get over it', even with an open adoption.
I have set up a training seminar for March 31 at 1:00 p.m. Ashley Frank and her mother are from Kitchener and offer free training. Ashley is a birthmother and has set up this organization 9 years ago. She will come in and speak freely about her experiences and answer all of our questions. She has supported women who are in the 80s, who still need someone to tell them it is "okay", to women who have just delivered their baby.
The seminar will be held here in the Room. (unless someone will volunteer their home). I hope you all can attend, it will probably be a couple of hours in length. I think it sounds very interesting. Please let me know if you can attend. Thanks for all your support in this mission!!

2 comments:

Linda R said...

I realize that is the same time and day as the new Clinton support group. My apologizes for that!!! Any chance that the group could be held in the morning? If this is going to be a big problem, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Unknown said...

I would really love to attend this seminar and would also be very willing to host it here at my house (since it's so close to the room but a little more comfortable in size :) I hesitate to change the time for group though and I'm wondering if we could ask if they would be able to come in the morning or on a Tuesday? If that's too much trouble then we will move group it's just hard to know how to let people know about the change (hard to know if we'll have any girls in group by then either). Thanks for arranging this Linda, it really sounds great!